Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscar Party

I enjoy awards season and I usually throw an Oscars Party. Since my Oscar menu last year was a success I have decided to do it again. That is I theme my appetizers around each best picture nominee. I either redo a food featured in the movie or I come up with something that I think will fit with each film. For example in Beasts of the Southern Wild the little girl's name is Hushpuppy so I have decided to make Hushpuppies which are a southern cornmeal dumpling kind of like a corn dog. Here is my menu below.

Amour - devilled eggs
Argo - an Iranian dip made with cucumber, dill and yogurt
Beasts of the Southern Wild - hushpuppies
Django Unchained - white cake
Les Miserables - French baguette with balsamic and oil
Life of Pi - vegetarian curry samosas
Lincoln - Oscar shaped gingerbread cookies
Silver Linings Playbook - "crabby snack" crab stuffed mushrooms
Zero Dark Thirty - hummus with veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment