Saturday, November 10, 2012

Skyfall

As a big James Bond fan I of course saw the newest film. And I have to say it definitely did it for me. There was a great mix of new and old which was one of the themes in the film. Even though Sean Connery will always be Bond to me I do like looking at Daniel Craig. I thought he brought class to the character. And his banter with Judi Dench was awesome. Another thing that did it for me was having Albert Finney join the team. (I know fans were hoping of seeing Sean Connery, but lets face it Mr. Connery is retired) And I have always loved Albert Finney ever since I saw him in Two For The Road with Audrey Hepburn.

I wish we could of seen more of Ben Wishaw's character Q but I guess we'll have to wait for the next instalment. Javier Bardem as the villian is always great to watch but I thought this was a bit of a cop out as his character reminded me of Heath Ledger's Joker from The Dark Knight.

I also really enjoyed the Adele theme song to Skyfall. It reminded me of the older Bond songs sung by Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones.


No comments:

Post a Comment