Friday, November 30, 2012

WFF Day 2

Day 2 of the festival started early for me. I spent most of my day making up delegate bags. I ran some errands around the village and went back to making more delegate bags. My shift ended at 5PM and I was able to catch one of the Borsos Competition Films called Picture Day.

Picture Day part of the Borsos competition. It's a coming of age story about a rebellious teenager who has to repeat her last year of high school. She is caught between adolescence and adulthood which are represented in the two guys she is with. The first being the lead singer of a band and the now high school kid she used to babysit. The standout bits in the film for me are the improve moments between  As well a fellow Capilano grad produced the film which is awesome.

At 8PM I watched another Borsos film called My Awkward Sexual Adventure whihch was hilarious. It's about an accountant who doesn't know how to perform in the bedroom department. His girlfriend is fe up with falling asleep during sex so Jordan visits his friend in Toronto and ends up enlisting Julia a stripper with dreams of opening a restaurant to help him win back his girlfriend.

Just as I arrived back at the hotel one of the vollies asked if I was up to go out to a party in Creekside. Of course I said yes. I ended up chatting with the Director of the film Picture Day, Kate Miles Melville and other industry people. What started as a boring day ended pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment