Sunday, December 2, 2012

WFF Day 4

Day 4 was an awesome day! I started work at 10AM with the MPPIA short film pitches. Two of the five pitches I thought were unique and interesting while the others didn't push my button. I was able to sit in on two of the short film showcase panels as well. The first talked about short film distribution, where I learned a few new things. The panel also confirmed some methods of distribution I have already been doing which is good. After the distribution panel I was able to sit in on the Pixar Canada panel with the director of Partysaurus Rex, Mark Walsh. After the panel Mark signed some posters so I grabbed a couple for friends.

I met up with one of the vollies ate some dinner before heading to one more film. We saw Mars et Avril which was stunning. It's a sci fi film about a 70 year old jazz musician and a young photographer who is in love with him. The film is a great mix of love and music. The visuals were also a highlight. Even if the story isn't up your alley watch it just for the amazing visuals. Check out the trailer here.

After the film we went back to the hotel and got ready for the launch party of Cine Coup at The Longhorn. I did some schmoozing. At around 1AM a few of us headed over to The Westin for an after party in Carl Bessai's suite. We ended up getting kicked out of Carl's room around 3AM but the party carried over to the Tantalus Lodge (which was where I was staying). Kate Isabelle showed up and we partied on until 4AM.

My Whistler trip was pretty successful I'd say, I got a Cap Film shirt, a Columbia jacket, watched 6 films and met some great filmmakers

No comments:

Post a Comment