Thursday, October 4, 2012

Looper and End of Watch




On Tuesday I decided to go to the theatre and take advantage of cheaper Tuesdays. I went tithe 2pm showing of Looper. I have to say I wasn't that impressed. Here's the synopsis. "In 2072, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent 30 years into the past, where a hired gun awaits. Someone like Joe, who one day learns the mob wants to 'close the loop' by transporting back Joe's future self." - IMDB

As soon as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character started talking about what a looper is, that a guy in the future was ending loops and he meets Emily Blunt's character I knew the ending. The movie also felt very long. I do have to say Bruce Willis was pretty badass.




After Looper I did some shopping and I called up my friend Brandon and we went to go see End of Watch starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. I enjoyed this movie a lot more. Normally I'm not a big fan of cops movies but it was full of emotion and made me laugh in places. It's about "Two young officers are marked for death after confiscating a small cache of money and firearms from the members of a notorious cartel, during a routine traffic stop." - IMBD

Jake's character decides to film his daily activities at work for some class he's taking. The character POV camera work was a little hard to handle but a great story vice. The name of the film is a euphemism for being killed in the line of duty which is exactly what happens in this film. By the end of this film I felt horrible that the  things Gyllenhaal and Pena came across actually happen in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment