Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanksgiving


I went to my friend Dani's cabin for thanksgiving with her family. The cabin is on Little Shusawp Lake which is just outside Chase, BC. On the drive up we stopped at a drive in dinner in Hope. I had a focaccia chicken clubhouse which was gigantic. We got in around midnight and boy was it black out.

Day 1
We woke up to hundreds of flies everywhere! (it looked like a horror film) My friends dad vaccumed a lot of them up. My friend took me to a cute little used bookstore called "Betty's Books". The store is actually in someone's garage. We then went shopping for fly paper, s'mores and thanksgiving supplies. We made pies, jello and stuffing ahead of time and while we waited for everything to cook us girls played scrabble. For dinner we had steak and potatoes and s'mores for dessert. It felt like 10pm when it was only 7pm, it gets dark fast up here.

Day 2
This was our lazy day. We had pancakes for breakfast. Did some fly killing. Watched some "retro" cartoons. My friend's brother came by for Sunday dinner. For dinner we had carrots and peas, brussle sprouts, mashed potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and of course turkey. For dessert we had jello with peaches inside and homemade pumpkin pie.

Day 3
Hotdogs for breakfast. Cleaning up the cabin for the winter, which means turning off the water, covering the beds, brining in the deck furniture etc. We had turkey buns for lunch then off we went home. When it was dark we stopped in Chilliwack at Mr. Mike's for dinner. I got home around 9:30.

It's been a nice quiet weekend. I just want to thank my friend and her family for letting me tag along on their thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment