Saturday, October 13, 2012

New FALL shows in review part 5



Arrow, 8PM The CW
Arrow is based on the comic book character the Green Arrow I think this is the CW's Batman. Oliver the "Arrow" was marooned on an island for 5 years and has just come back to the city his father built. He is back with a secret and a vengeance. His vengeance is to ruin the white collar criminals of the city. This fictional world was shot in Vancouver and it's kind of funny watching it because I recognize every location. But Stephen Amell is pretty hot so YES for me.

Beauty and the Beast, 9PM The CW
Stars Kristen Keruk from Smallville as the beauty Catherine. Years later after her mother was killed and she was saved by "the beast" she becomes a NYPD detective. Her latest case is linked to her mothers murder that is "the beast". Cat figures out who "the beast" is the first episode and now wants to protect him. For a modern day adaptation it's pretty predictable, a government secret experiment. I'm not a big Keruk fan and I'm a big Disney Beauty and the Beast fan so it's a NO for me.

Chicago Fire, 10PM NBC
This reminds me a lot of ABC's Rookie Blue except it's about firefighters and paramedics. It's executive produced by Dick Wolf who created the Law & Order franchise. Unlike Dick Wolf's crime driven shows where each story wraps up neatly at the end of each episode, Chicago Fire has a continuos storyline, like the aftermath of a fellow firefighter dying. This is a more character driven show. I think I'm going to watch another episode before I decide, I mean who doesn't like firefighters.  YES for now.

Nashville, 10PM ABC
Starring Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere as country singers. Rayna Jaymes the household name who's fading is asked by her record label to co-headline with Juliette Barnes, the young country pop singer. Does anyone remember the film Country Strong with Gwyneth Paltrow and Leighton Meester? Rayna's scheming weasel of a father played by Powers Booth, has gotten Rayna's husband to run for mayor behind her back. The best part of the show is it's filmed on location in Nashville, Tennessee where landmark sites like the Ryman Auditorium, the Grand Ole Opry, the Bluebird Cafe, highlight the episode. I'm going to give it one more episode before I choose. 

1 comment:

  1. I too liked Arrow. Good acting and good setup for future episodes.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete