Saturday, September 15, 2012

Festival show prep

Met with co-director Jessie today to discuss plans / strategies on our development for a one show focusing on the pride festival. Our plan is to shoot the international pride festival in 2014 which will be held in Toronto. This is going to be the biggest production I have ever tried to put together so far. Jessie is actually taking some documentary classes to help get first hand experience on how we can approach this size of a project. I'm talking a multi cam shoot of a parade shot on an independent budget. We are currently in the process of writing grant letters to help raise funds. We will be needing a lot more in the form of in kind donations and such later.

Our plan is to showcase one of the funniest and historical parties of this century. We both have been to the Vancouver Pride Festival for the past 4 years and not only are we "Allies" in the community I know I want to support everyone. We not only want to showcase the big party but also the history behind the festival. Our grant is due on October 1st and I still need to make a budget and buff up my resume.Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment