Friday, September 7, 2012

Greyhound ride


For the first leg of my trip I was sitting beside a lady from Port Moody who was going to Salmon Arm for her older sister’s funeral. Her sister had died of ovarian cancer and had ben struggling for the past 3 years not wanting to give up. She was writing the eulogy for the funeral so I gave her some tips, don’t worry about crying it’s to be expected, add some humor and something her sister always did or said. I learned something from her that women can get a blood test to see if they have ovarian cancer or not. After Salmon Arm I was by myself.

My bus ride took me from Vancouver to Coquitlam, to Langley, to Chilliwack, to Hope, to Meritt, to Kamaloops, to Chase, To Sorrento, to Salmon Arm, to Sicamous, to Revelstoke, to Golden, to Lake Louise, to Banff, to Canmore and finally to Calgary.

I have to say Driving through the Rockies this time of year was still gorgeous. There was still some snow on the mountain tops and the reminance of summer still lingered on the ground it was a golden colour. I ended up watching The Cabin in the Woods which was a great look into the horror genre. 17 hours on a greyhound bus was very exhausting but I made it, with 6 hours extra to spare thanks Greyhound. Luckily my friend’s girlfriend was able to meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment