Friday, September 28, 2012

New FALL shows in review part two

As I mentioned before here are some more reviews of the new fall shows. This post contains spoilers.

Partners
Part of CBS' new laugh track comedy this season from the creators of Will & Grace. It's about two best friends one is straight and one is gay and they both work together as architects. I'm not sure if this is CBS' version of every best friend show except no one cares about these characters they are annoying and insult each other. The straight one is unsure of whether to get married or not and the gay one insults his fiancĂ© who nether relationships have chemistry. They also have a cliche hispanic secretary. I really enjoyed watching Michael Urie on Ugly Betty and David Krumholtz on Numb3rs but this is definitely not a platform for either of them. And the clapping in between segments is annoying as hell. It also proves that being gay on TV isn't anything to be excited about anymore. NO for me.

Ben and Kate
Brother and sister Ben and Kate are completely different. Ben is crazy and carefree. Kate is a single mom and is by the book. Ben comes back to town to stop a wedding. It;s a classic case of a reckless guy you hate but deep down he cares and thats why you love him. I found the characters boring even the crazy brother was too tame for me. NO for me.

The Mindy Project
Mindy is a OBGYN who's talkative, candid, dramatic and very Brigit Jones Diary. A girl who has watched every romantic comedy and has just had her heart broken. There's the hot English doctor and the tell it like it is doctor and of course the hot one is not right for her.  YES for me.

Vegas
1960 Las Vegas. Stars Denis Quaid, Michael Chicklis and Carrie Anne Moss, I quite enjoy watching all three. Denis Quiad an ex cop is brought in to investigate the murder of the mayor's daughter in exchange for not having planes fly over his ranch. Michael Chicklis is the mob owner of the Savoy. Carrie Anne Moss is the Assistant to the DA. I'll give it another episode before I make up my mind. MAYBE

Animal Practice
Stars Justin Kirk from Weeds, Tyler Labine from Breaker High and JoAnna Garcia Swisher who played Reba's daughter on Reba. There's also Crystal the monkey, who I've come to learn is richer than anyone. Kirk's character is asked to perform surgery on Labine's dog. JoAnna's character tries to fi in the with the staff and ends up drunk adopting a pig. It's animal loving to the extreme. NO for me.

Guys with Kids
It's funny because I worked on a demo for a Canadian version of this. I guess after the movie came out about the same thing fathers and kids everyone jumped at the chance to make this a TV show. Created by Jimmy Fallon as a live audeince comedy show. It's about 3 best friends who have kids, 2 have wives, while the oner one has and ex wife and girlfriend. The only story line that was interesting was Anthony Anderson and Tempestt Bledsoe's where the Tempestt forgets their anniversary and Anthony holds it over her. But if this is what NBC can come up with having Jimmy Fallon as an exec. than my answer is NO.

The Neighbours
This is straight out of a time capsule, think of Bewitched and I Dream of Jennie. The Neighbours is about a family form the city how move to the suburbs and into an alien community. That's right aliens. Everything here is cliche. The aliens named themselves after famous athletes like Dick Butkus, really does that still get people laughing? NO for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment