Saturday, May 18, 2013

An evening with Shirley

The train ride from San Diego to Fullerton was very relaxing and went by so fast. I took a taxi from the Amtrak station and that was the worst ride ever! The guy got lost. The hotel is in an industrial area of the town, so there are like no sidewalks. I walked to a near by restaurant called The Elephant Bar for dinner. Everyone was very friendly there. I ordered the surf and turf. It was pretty tasty.

After dinner I headed to La Mirada Theatre the real reason in in the middle of nowhere. I bought tickets to see Shirley MacLaine. I have been a fan of hers ever since I saw The Apartment. When I got there I'm pretty sure I was the youngest person there. Now granted Ms. MacLaine is a Hollywood legend I didn't expect the age gap to be this big. I sat next to a nice gay couple from LA Proper. It was nice to chat before the show. Ms. MacLaine was a riot. She didn't miss a beat. She told stories about herself and answered some questions.

Since everyone drives here there wasn't even a cab waiting outside the theatre. Luckily one of the staff let me borrow her phone do I could call a cab. This time the driver knew where I was going. Time to get dome sleep tomorrow is Pasadena.

No comments:

Post a Comment