Monday, May 20, 2013

Pasadena Day 2



I slept in this morning for the first time this vacation! I woke up around 10AM and got ready to meet up with Henry and some of his physics friends. We went to Mijares Restaurant for lunch. Mijares has been around for 92 / 93 years. I ordered a chicken tamale and chile rellenos with beans. It quenched my appetite for mexican food.  After lunch Henry went back to Cal Tech for his last class of the day and I went shopping. I went to Ross and TJ Max. Ross is always a place I like to go to when I'm in the US because I can always find something there. TJ Max is like Winners before Winner got to popular. It was a good day of shopping, found a couple things, no lines and friendly staff.




I met up with Henry after shopping and we met up with Laura after her work, to go to Little Tokyo in LA. We went to Izakaya Honda-Ya. I ordered Coke Chu-Hi to drink, a spicy tuna roll and a super California roll (a California roll with eel on top). It was a bit expensive but worth it. After dinner we walked around Little Tokyo, nothing too exciting as Vancouver has a huge Asian culture. But we did pick up some green tea mochi ice cream (which according to Wikipedia ice cream mochi originated in LA).



No comments:

Post a Comment