Monday, May 20, 2013

Pasadena Day 3

Shopping in Old Town! First stop H&M. I met up with Laura for lunch as her work is right in Old Town. We went to Dog Haus a gourmet hotdog and burger place. Each hot dog is served on a Hawaiian bun and topped with crazy condiments. I ordered the Downtown Dog and Ogre rings. They were heart attack heaven. I could not finished mine.


Laura went back to work and I continued shopping. I went to Forever 21 and got a few things. After searching through the two floors of Forever 21 I had to pee. And the only place around there was the iPic movie theatre. Holy crap that is a fancy theatre. Bars and lounges inside the theatre and at the bottom of the escalator a cute girl is there to point you in the right direction. I also went to this place called Cotton On and got a cute dress and blazer. After all that walking in the hot sun I sat down in a court yard in the shade and just relaxed.


A few things I noticed here are; everywhere you go and pay by credit the cashier asks for your ID and I have never had to put in my pin. Found out it's because there's a lot of credit card theft here. I think this is an Old Town thing but addresses here don't go from 0-100 in one block it might take several blocks before you get to the 80s. One thing I hate is that it's okay to U-turn here. I almost got hit by someone trying to U-turn and I had the right of way. There was this diagonal pedestrian crosswalk which was kind of cool. I also like that machines have not replaced people unlike back home. But I really like the old brick buildings and terracotta roofs.

At 5PM I met up with Laura as her shift was over and we walked back home. We decided to take it easy tonight and ordered take out from Himalayan Cafe. The food was so good and they even delivered my mango lassi. We just hung out and bothered Henry while he did his homework. I did some laundry and sort of packed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment