Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pasadena Day 1

Checked out of the hotel. I give it 3 stars. The staff were very friendly but the rooms were noisy and I couldn't get the shower to work. I decided to call the cab driver I had from the theatre because he actually knew where I was staying last night. And my cab fare was half what I paid the first cab driver, yay. I have to say I won't be coming back to Fullerton anytime soon, there just isn't anything to do around here and you need to drive everywhere.


I caught the Amtrak train to LA and then took the Metro to Pasadena to meet up with Laura and Henry. We ended up going to the Norton Simon Museum and saw Van Goghs, Monet's and Asian art.

After the museum we walked around Old Pasadena, grabbed a frozen yogurt at 21 Choices and headed home to rest our feet.


We met up with Henry's friend Peter for dinner we went to a famous burger joint called Pie and Burger which open in 1963. Laura and Henry have pretty much guaranteed me a burger fest while I'm in Pasadena but the bacon cheeseburger I had at Pie and Burger was the best burger I've had. Our waitress seemed a little scattered and looked like she had been working there since the place opened. We grabbed some homemade pie to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment